Marathon blog...

It's been a little while since I've blogged... a lot has actually happened since I last wrote which is one reason I haven't written...

So I'll try to give the 'cliff notes' version.

Let's start with Mac, our Yorkie. We got Mac on New Years Eve and he was a welcome addition to the family... for the first time in our marriage, we had something other than ourselves to take care of and, although trying, we instantly became attached to him and found ourselves treating him like our own child. Mac was always a very laid back pup, liked to sleep a lot... we thought this was normal for most puppies as we've read, so we thought nothing of it. Within a weeks time, Mac went from what we thought was a normal puppy, to a blind puppy... Our 10 week old Yorkie pup was blind and his health was quickly declining... energy level was non-existent, and it was a pretty tough thing to watch. We learned a lot about what may or may not be wrong with him, and spent literally every day for a week at the 24-hour emergency vet clinic. After a few over night stays (and a lot more money than we had to spend), Mac's condition worsened until the evening that it all just became evident he wasn't getting better. The following morning, we were there as the doc put him down... I really never thought it would be as hard as it was, but it was definitely a tough situation for Jamie and I. Really tough... We later found out he had a liver shunt which would've eventually killed him or we could've spent the 2-3000 bucks for the surgery. (2-3000 we didn't have).

Long story short, we were devastated as you can imagine... but the same day some friends found out about losing Mac, and blessed us with our new pup, Macy. She's a pretty incredible dog, and we now instantly realize how an energetic Yorkie pup is supposed to act. The dog is everywhere! Literally, everywhere. Afraid to sleep because she's afraid she's going to miss something... sounds a little like my nephew!

So that's honestly taken up the majority of my life the last few weeks! I swore much more happened in the few week break I've taken from the old blog, but I'm afraid that's gist of it all.

In the meantime, I've started doing some design and video stuff again! I've forgotten how much I miss spending hours in Photoshop and spending 3 hours to animate a 30 second clip in AfterEffects... yup! It kind of makes me want to get back into it full-time. You never realize how much you actually miss doing something until you're not doing it anymore. (of course)

Thursday night, the wife went out with some girlies, so I went out with a few buddies to a last minute Charlie Hall show. The thing about Charlie is that, although he lives in Oklahoma City, he plays Oklahoma City maybe 2 to 4 times a year... so I knew that I would have to go! The show was actually an acoustic-esque "storytellers" evening, in which they would play songs off of the new album and explain his thought process behind each song. It was actually one of the most relaxing evenings I've had in awhile, just sitting and listening to some good music... the show itself was in a pretty small venue... with about 100-150 people in attendance. They were turning people away at the door because of fire-code issues. It was good running into a lot of random acquaintances at the show as well, and getting to hang with a few of the guys after the show.

But what I'll leave you with is something that totally impacted me that evening. They did a song called "Mystery", which, I've listened to before, but it came to a new light that night. I tell you what... I'll just post a video of them doing it at the bottom, as well as the lyrics... hopefully it means as much to you as it now does to me. Thanks for enduring the marathon blog...



Sweet Jesus Christ my sanity
Sweet Jesus Christ my clarity
Bread of heaven, broken for me
Cup of salvation held up to drink
Jesus the Mystery

Christ has died and
Christ is risen,
and Christ will come again

Celebrate his death and rising
Lift your eyes, proclaim his come
Celebrate his death and rising
Lift your eyes, lift your eyes

0 comments: